I absolutely love Asian fusion!
Today I bring you probably one of my best creations ever. Browsing through my mom’s Better Homes and Gardens magazine I stumbled across a recipe for Sesame Garlic Beef Tacos. Now, anyone that knows me, knows I enjoy tacos and I especially enjoy anything Asian style. Bringing my two loves together was a match made in Heaven. This quick meal is easy to out together as apetizers or when you’re a busy person like I am and always on the go. Check out episode 2 of “Cooking for Bae with A. Nikk” and enjoy your meal.
- 8 white or yellow corn tortillas
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 recipe Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Slaw, below
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Stack tortillas; wrap in foil. Heat 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain fat; set aside.
- Add sesame oil to skillet. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds over medium heat or until ilghtly browned. Stir in soy sauce, brown sugar, rice veingar, water, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return beef to skillet; heat through.
- To serve, spoon beef onto tortillas. Using a slotted spoon, top with Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Slaw. Serve with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Quick Pickled Cumbers and Slaw:
- In a medium bowl whisk together 1/4 cup vionegar, 2 Tbsp. sugar, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Add 1 cup very thinkly sliced cucumber and 1 cup shredded red cabbage.
- let stand 15 minutes or up to 6 hours.
image via relishit.com