My love for cheese is so real.
Who doesn’t love a classic Italian dish that includes cheese, meatballs, and marianara sauce? If you said no, you’re lying to yourself. I found a great go-to recipe that is simple enough to make in your sleep. I’m kidding, but no, it’s really simple. These mozzarella stuffed meatballs are great to serve with pasta or as a simple appetizer while the main course is cooking. Of course you don’t have to use mozzarella and can use any cheese of your choice. Also, if you don’t eat red meat, try this meal with ground turkey or chicken, it’s just as good.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block mozzarella, cut into 20 (1/2-inch) cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except mozzarella cheese; mix well.
- Divide mixture into 20 meatballs, then form each meatball around a mozzarella cube, making sure to cover cheese completely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Serve immediately.