I love duplicating dishes I eat from my favorite restaurants!
The Cheesecake Factory is known for it’s delectable Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp. I discovered this recipe along time ago and it has taken me until now to figure out how to duplicate this dish at home. Nothing thrills me more than perfecting a dish I love so much. This recipe is quite simple to make once you’ve prepped for everything first. When you are prepping the ingredients, try to keep yourself as organized as possible because the cooking can get away from you fast.
This is the perfect meal to serce if you’re entertaining guests or want to enjoy a warm curry dish at home with your family. Check out Ambrosia and Nectar’s version below and let us know how you enjoyed the dish.
- 2 tsp. chili oil
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger, mined finely
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 large chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 20 small raw shrimp, shelled
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 T. water
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. chili oil
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley, crumbled
- Handful of peanuts, chopped
- 2 green onions, julienned
- Cook 2 cups of Jasmine rice in rice cooker according to directions.
- Heat chili oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add onion, garlic, and ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and spices, and stir.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add coconut milk.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add carrots, zucchini, and frozen peas, and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Combine all of the peanut sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat just until the mixture begins to boil, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread coconut on an aluminum-lined baking sheet and bake at 400°F, stirring every couple of minutes, until coconut is golden brown. Set aside.
Chicken & Shrimp:
- Coat chicken & shrimp in cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a skillet, then add chicken and cook for a few minutes.
- Add shrimp and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through and shrimp are pink in color.
- Assemble the plates:
- Pack a small bowl with cooked rice and turn upside down in the center of a plate.
- Tap the bowl and lift away, leaving a mound of rice.
- Arrange chicken and shrimp evenly around the mound of rice.
- Ladle the curry sauce over the chicken and shrimp, avoiding the mound of rice.
- Over the mound of rice, drizzle the peanut sauce, and sprinkle a pinch of dried parsley, chopped peanuts, and green onions on top.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut over the curry, and serve