In the spirit of the holidays whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, or Kwanzaa, I bring you another delicious recipe to try during this time of year. While browsing the internet, I stumbled upon a delicious recipe from All Recipes for Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary. I know you’re probably thinking, lamb is expensive, treat yo self! Lamb is one meat I’ve yet to experiment with because there’s no easy way to cook this. I’m excited to try this recipe on Christmas and surprise my family with what might be one of the best dishes I’ve come across. Let us know how this dish turned out for you!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 pounds whole leg of lamb
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic. Mix well and apply to the lamb. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 400 degrees F and roast for 55 to 60 more minutes for medium rare. The internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F when taken with a meat thermometer. Let the roast rest for about 10 minutes before carving.