Two days left until Thanksgiving!
Today’s recipe features a Hot and Spicy Cranberry Pear Chutney. I don’t know about you, but I just love a good chutney, the spicier, the better. Instead of serving the same boring cranberry sauce from the can, why not serve your guest fresh fruits with a twist? Our friends at My Recipes has come up with this amazing recipe that we feel you all will love. Try it out and don’t forget to save me a plate. Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 (6-oz.) package sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 (10 1/2-oz.) jars pear preserves
1 (10 1/2-oz.) jar hot jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 (9-oz.) jar mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
1. Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cranberry skins begin to split.
2. Stir in preserves and remaining ingredients; simmer, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool chutney completely (about 2 hours).