Three days until Thanksgiving!
This week I’ll be posting different Thanksgiving recipes all week, even the day after Thanksgiving because leftovers make for the best recipes. Today I will brighten your day with a simple and delictable pecan praline candied yam recipe from the Creole Contessa.
Thanksgiving really isn’t complete without candied yams. We all love when the sweet sauce mixes with the ham juice and then touches the mac and cheese. Don’t lie to yourself and say you don’t enjoy that combo. Try this recipe on Thursday and thank us later.
- 3 large yams or sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup pecans, shopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse yams and prick all over with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes, remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, peel skin, dice into 1 inch chunks and set aside.
- Place butter, sugar, pecans in a skillet over medium low heat, cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, add cream, maple syrup, and cinnamon, mix well.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for about 5-6 minutes, mixing well. Add vanilla and lemon juice, mix well, serve warm.
image via creolecontessa.com