A little alcohol won’t hurt anybody.
Continuing with my series of Thanksgiving inspired meals with a spin, I’ve found classic beverage you can serve for the adults to spice up the dinner and get the party started. This recipe for Burbon Spiked Hot Apple Cider comes from Vindulge, a blog dedicated to spreading knowledge on how to pair delicious wines with your favorite meals. Take this classic fall treat and enjoy adding a little Burbon, bet you’ll never drink Apple Cider the same again.
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- Bourbon (recommend Bulleit or Basil Hayden’s)
To make the hot cider:
- Place the apple cider, cinnamon stick, orange juice, cloves and star anise in a small pot and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain into a pitcher.
To make the drink:
- In glass add 2 oz bourbon and 1 cup of the cider mix.
- Garnish with an orange slice and stick of cinnamon.
Alternatively you can serve it cold. Allow the mixture to cool, strain, and then serve over ice.
image via Vindulge