Trick or Treat!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Halloween is just a few days away! Just in time to celebrate, we’ve found the perfect drink to get your night of [safe] festivites started the right way. Drink-Pray-Love has graciously provided the perfect recipe for the Vampiro, a tequila based drink that is sure to make the inner ghoul in you come out. Enjoy your drink, and your night, stay safe, and send us some candy!
- 2 oz Don Julio reposado tequila
- 1 oz pressed tomato juice (I actually used a lemon press to juice a tomato. I then fine-strained the juice to remove the seeds and some pulp.)
- 1 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz grenadine syrup (while I think it would taste better with plain simple syrup, the grenadine enhances the colour)
- 7 drops hot pepper sauce (I used Tabasco)
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- Lime round garnish
Rim an old-fashioned or rocks glass with celery salt, then fill with ice. Shake all ingredients together with ice and then strain into the glass. Garnish with a lime round.
image via Drink-Play-Love