Who knew you could make a muffin out of enchiladas?
Whoever thought to put a mini enchilada into a muffin pan and cook it deserves a million awards. Although they are very delicious enchiladas are large and can get messy. The idea of making them into mini cups makes it easy to take for lunch, on the go, or to just avoid a tedious clean up. Enchiladas isn’t the only recipe that can be made into a cup. Click on over to Huffington Post where they have a list of 13 savory cupcakes that will blow your mind.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, homemade or storebought
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- (optional additional ingredients: chopped green chiles, black beans, chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press wonton wrappers into the cups of a mini muffin pan to form “cups”, being sure that the edges to not fold in. Bake for 7 minutes, then remove.
- Meanwhile, stir together chicken and enchilada sauce in a mixing bowl until combined. Portion the chicken evenly into the baked wonton cups until they are full. Sprinkle with a pinch of shredded cheese. Then bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is heated through. Remove and garnish with sliced green onions.
**If using the optional ingredients, you can either stir them into the chicken and enchilada sauce mixture, or you can use them as additional garnishes.
image via gimmie some oven