Finally the time of the year everyone has been waiting for, FOOTBALL! Whether your team is already dominating the scoreboards or lagging behind, one thing is for sure, we enjoy sitting in our friends and family’s living rooms to watch the game while endulging on some good eats. The weather is cooling down to make it the perfect time to enjoy a hot bowl of chili and to cheer on your favorite team. Emily’s Chipotle Chili is the perfect recipe to satisfy your craving for a simple meal to serve everyone during the game while straying away from the monotonus chicken and beer combo. Check it out and let us know who you’ll be rooting for this football season.
- 1 poundbulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 poundsground beef
- 5 tablespoonschili powder
- 1 tablespoonground cumin
- 1 teaspoonground coriander
- 2 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 largeonion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) cantomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) cankidney beans (optional)
- 2 teaspoonsminced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoonsalt
- ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) cantomato paste
- Cook sausage and ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat until lightly browned and crumbly. When the meat has released its grease, and has begun to brown, drain off accumulated grease, and season with chili powder, cumin, and coriander. Cook and stir for 1 minute until fragrant, then stir in the garlic and onion. Cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chipotle peppers, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then pour the chili into a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours. Stir in tomato paste an hour before the chili is done.
image via Precision Nutrition