Summertime is still here, let’s cool down a bit.
Over here at The Library, we try our best to live healthy life styles just for the betterment of our bodies, minds, and souls. We are constantly searching the web for something intersting to try without feeling like we are dieting. Fellow Librarian, D. Howe, sent over a recipe she found on HeyFranHey that was reblogged from The Nerd’s Wife, Arena. She explains that her recipe was inspired by The Jungle Book’s Bare Necessities. This is a simple recipe to cool you off on a hot summer day, or just to have as a healthy snack instead of that carton of ice cream, enjoy!
- 2-3 Kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 pkg Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 2-3 Tangerine Oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 pkg Fresh Blueberries
- Coconut Water
- Popsicle Mold
- Add cut up fruit to popscile mold.
- Pour in Coconut water to fill mold.
- Freeze filled mold overnight until solid. Once frozen, remove from mold and serve immediately
Tip: To get the popsicles to separate from the mold easily, run the plastic under warm water until they will easily slide out.
image via The Nerd’s Wife